Mandolin: Look, Listen & Answer
Read each question below, then play the music and choose your answer – click or tap on the answer to see if you are right!
There is another instrument playing here, aside from the mandolin. What is it?
- a. Harpsichord
- b. Ukulele
- c. Archlute
This music is for a ‘mandolin orchestra’ – what is a mandolin orchestra?
- a. A group of mandolinists who play together
- b. A symphony orchestra with additional mandolin players
- c. A string jazz band
Why is the character Don Giovanni singing this song?
- a. He wants to complain about the weather.
- b. He is trying to impress a woman.
- c. He needs to practise his scales and arpeggios.
The mandolin originated in the country of this music – which country is it?
- a. Italy
- b. France
- c. China
What special technique is being used to make the note repeat?
- a. Pedalo
- b. Piccolo
- c. Tremolo
All media credits – titles, composers, artists, sources etc. – may be found in the Teacher Sheet, accessed from the Info box at the top of this page.